Revolutionize Your Development Workflow with CodeLogic's 1-Click Impact Analysis
- Use CodeLogic’s 1-Click Impact Analysis to accurately predict code change impact on connected projects, databases, and code elements like classes and methods.
- Seamlessly integrate with developer IDEs through available plugins.
- Gain a comprehensive view beyond your current project to identify all other projects impacted by a code change.
What is software change impact analysis?
Introducing 1-Click Impact Analysis by CodeLogic
- Coordinate Across Teams: Quickly determine if changes in a method will necessitate notifications to another team.
- Identify data usage: Understand the domino effect when changing the data-type of a database column, including stored procedure dependencies.
- Safely Clean Up Code: Ascertain whether a particular code item is actually in use or can be safely deleted.
- Audit use of open source libraries: Easily identify the locations where vulnerable open-source library methods are used.
Visualizing the Impact
The change impact analysis example (from the Cytoscape project) above shows that altering a base class like “AbstractLayoutTask” could affect as many as 14 classes across three different packages, each with its own repository. All of these classes come together in a single application. This granularity is crucial for developers to understand code change impact fully.